Connections for Abused Women and their Children are seeking an experienced major donor professional looking to build their career with practical, hands on experience, in a truly impactful role. CAWC needs a entrepreneurial candidate to not only help develop and implement a major donor strategy but play a key role in the successful implementation of our upcoming capital campaign. If your looking for a position that balances strategy with personal interaction, this would be ideal for you. You could be the person that helps us build our new shelter, and ensures all people can have an opportunity to live a life free from violence. We currently offer 50% remote working for this role and a performance based bonus.
FUNCTION: Responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of major donors as designated by the Development Director. Support the implementation of the major donor acquisition strategy. Provide administrative and logistics support to the CAWC Capital Campaign.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Development Director
Major Donor Administration
- Coordination of the major gift program and management of communications between prospects and the organization.
- Identification of major gift prospects for cultivation.
- Building relationships with major donor prospects
- Development of major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials
- Continually evaluating and assessing emerging opportunities for partnerships, collaboration, and/or solicitation of new donors referred by board members and regularly communicate findings with specific recommendations to department leadership
- Designing capital campaign proposals for prospective supports
- Soliciting donations from major gift donors
- Manages the database entry and administration of major donors and major donor prospects
Capital Campaign Support: Provide administrative and logistics support towards CAWC’s Capital campaign including but not limited to –
- Being a primary contact between CAWC and vendors supporting the capital campaign
- Coordination of donor surveys and interviews
- Supporting in the development of the capital campaign case for giving
- Supporting the development of capital campaign marketing materials
- Data extraction and analysis
- 2+ Years in a major donor or donor stewardship related role
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Policy, Non-Profit management, Marketing, Economics or related field
- Experiencing in successfully soliciting gifts over $5,000
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as a committed team member.
- Possess a proactive work style.
- Capability to prioritize work and ensure that deadlines are met.
- A person with a positive and outgoing personality who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to complete their work.
- A high level of professionalism and integrity combined with strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to work effectively with others of diverse age, language, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, mental/physical ability, and socioeconomic status.
- Availability to work some evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Availability to complete CAWC’s 40-hour domestic violence training.
- Raisers Edge NXT experience
- Supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of and experience with the Chicago philanthropic community.
- Experience working with governing boards and/or volunteer committees.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year