Passion Led Us Here
The CAWC leadership team and boards work to ensure that the programs and services provided to domestic violence survivors are of the highest quality and enable survivors to start to lead lives that are free from violence and abuse.
The team and the boards are integral to CAWC’s stellar reputation in Chicago, Illinois and nationally.
Stephanie has worked at CAWC since August 1999 and is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional. Stephanie provides training and technical assistance to various organizations and healthcare professionals throughout the community to help create a coordinated response to domestic violence. Prior to coming on board at CAWC Stephanie worked at A Safe Place Shelter in Lake County Illinois as a counselor/advocate. She has also worked at Rape Victim Advocates’ John H. Stroger Hospital Satellite Program. She has been a trained sexual assault advocate since 1985.
Kesha S. Marie Larkins
Kesha joined the CAWC team in June 2017 and she brings over 10 years of management experience in community-based, non-profit organizations focused on social services, healthcare, and early childhood education. Kesha is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies, both from Michigan State University. Kesha also holds a Masters of Art degree in Clinical Psychology from Roosevelt University.
Greenhouse Shelter Director
Beatris has worked towards ending violence against women since 1986, when she began volunteering for CAWC. Beatris is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional and through her leadership and commitment, CAWC has provided safe intervention, counseling, and ongoing support to over 33,000 victims of domestic violence. Beatris received the Human Dignity Award from the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence in 2000. In 2005 she received the Community Advocate Award from the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network.
Alexa joined the CAWC team in April 2018. She brings 20+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience to her position. Prior to coming to CAWC, she was Director of Development at Resilience (formerly, Rape Victim Advocates). Alexa is a trained sexual assault advocate. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Social Work from the University of Texas, Austin and a Master of Social Work degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
Board of Directors
Sophia Taylor Love
Senior Vice President, Northern Trust
Ada W. Dolph
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Consulting Actuary, Willis Tower Watson
President & CEO (Owner), CMH Business Corporation
- Kristina Ehrhart, Senior Manager, Pricewater Coopers LPP (PwC)
- Leslie Friebert, Vice President, Business Strategy, Jo Chicago
- Jeffrey Gilbert, Vice President of Sales & Business Development, Bamtech Media
- Cicely Glanton, District Account Executive, Renaissance
- Kate Gosse, Innovation Client Director, Bluedog Design
- Kate Goyert, Counsel, Labor & Employment, Conagra Brands
- Parul Gupta, Partner Physician, Lakeshore OB/GYN
- Margaret Jones, Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Hyatt Hotel Corporation
- Wesley Ketcham, Manager (Owner), Lakeshore Resources, LLC
- Gwyn E. Koepke, Senior Vice President, Institutional Sales Manager, Northern Trust
- Kevin A. Krakora, Managing Director, Getzler Henrich & Associates LLC
- Sarah Krauszer, Advocate
- Geeta Malhotra, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Brendan McMahon, Senior Vice President, Northern Trust
- David Schulz, VP, Client Delivery, VisiQuate
- Meridel Trimble, Chief Operating Officer, One Million Degrees
- Gladys Zolna, Associate General Counsel, Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas