Passion Led Us Here
The CAWC leadership team and boards work to ensure that the programs and services provided to domestic violence survivors are of the highest quality and enable survivors to start to lead lives that are free from violence and abuse.
The team and the boards are integral to CAWC’s stellar reputation in Chicago, Illinois and nationally.
CAWC is proud to shine a light on the reality of domestic abuse and how we can fight it.
Stephanie has worked at CAWC since August 1999 and is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional. Stephanie provides training and technical assistance to various organizations and healthcare professionals throughout the community to help create a coordinated response to domestic violence. Prior to coming on board at CAWC Stephanie worked at A Safe Place Shelter in Lake County Illinois as a counselor/advocate. She has also worked at Rape Victim Advocates’ John H. Stroger Hospital Satellite Program. She has been a trained sexual assault advocate since 1985.
Kesha S. Marie Larkins
Kesha joined the CAWC team in June 2017 and she brings over 10 years of management experience in community-based, non-profit organizations focused on social services, healthcare, and early childhood education. A Certified Domestic Violence Professional and Licensed Professional Counselor, Kesha holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies, both from Michigan State University. Kesha also holds a Masters of Art degree in Clinical Psychology from Roosevelt University.
Greenhouse Shelter Director
Beatris has worked towards ending violence against women since 1986, when she began volunteering for CAWC. Beatris is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional and through her leadership and commitment, CAWC has provided safe intervention, counseling, and ongoing support to over 33,000 victims of domestic violence. Beatris received the Human Dignity Award from the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence in 2000. In 2005 she received the Community Advocate Award from the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network.
Brandon joined CAWC in March 2022 with five years of accounting and financial management experience in the nonprofit industry. Prior to CAWC, he held a position at a supportive housing company based in New York City where he was responsible for budget reporting and analysis. He was assigned to work with mid-west region donors, so Brandon brings experience in working with several Chicago based organizations and grantees. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Le Moyne College and a Master of Science in Accountancy from Saint Peter’s University.
Board of Directors
Innovation Client Director, Bluedog Design
Consulting Actuary, Willis Towers Watson
Associate General Counsel, Brookfield Properties
- Alton L. Bell II, Principal Accountant & Founder Bell Tax Accountants & Advisors, Inc
- Catherine Carraway, Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer Equity Residential
- Kristina Ehrhart, Senior Manager, Pricewater Coopers LPP (PwC)
- Cicely Glanton, District Account Executive, Renaissance
- Christina Holloway, President & CEO, CMH Business Corporation
- April Hughes, Managing Principal HPZS
- Margaret Jones, Advocate
- Dr. David Levine, Senior Vice President, Advanced Analytics and Data Science, Vizient
- Brendan McMahon, Senior Vice President, Northern Trust
- Dr. Virgil Reid, Associate Medical Director, Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- Jasmine Shaw, Executive Director – Global Technology Finance & Business Management, JP Morgan Chase