Passion Led Us Here
The CAWC leadership team and boards work to ensure that the programs and services provided to domestic violence survivors are of the highest quality and enable survivors to start to lead lives that are free from violence and abuse.
The team and the boards are integral to CAWC’s stellar reputation in Chicago, Illinois and nationally.
Stephanie has worked at CAWC since August 1999 and is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional. Stephanie provides training and technical assistance to various organizations and healthcare professionals throughout the community to help create a coordinated response to domestic violence. Prior to coming on board at CAWC Stephanie worked at A Safe Place Shelter in Lake County Illinois as a counselor/advocate. She has also worked at Rape Victim Advocates’ John H. Stroger Hospital Satellite Program. She has been a trained sexual assault advocate since 1985.
Kesha S. Marie Larkins
Kesha joined the CAWC team in June 2017 and she brings over 10 years of management experience in community-based, non-profit organizations focused on social services, healthcare, and early childhood education. A Certified Domestic Violence Professional and Licensed Professional Counselor, Kesha holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies, both from Michigan State University. Kesha also holds a Masters of Art degree in Clinical Psychology from Roosevelt University.
Greenhouse Shelter Director
Beatris has worked towards ending violence against women since 1986, when she began volunteering for CAWC. Beatris is a Certified Domestic Violence Professional and through her leadership and commitment, CAWC has provided safe intervention, counseling, and ongoing support to over 33,000 victims of domestic violence. Beatris received the Human Dignity Award from the Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence in 2000. In 2005 she received the Community Advocate Award from the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network.
Joanne joined the CAWC team in July 2020 bringing on board 10 years’ experience in the not-for profit sector and a love for fundraising strategy. Joanne started her career with Habitat for Humanity Australia before moving to Montreal to consult in fundraising for some of Canada’s favorite not for profit organizations including the Canadian Red Cross, Greenpeace and the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Joanne holds a Bachelor of Social Science from the University of Sydney.
Board of Directors
Ada W. Dolph
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Consulting Actuary, Willis Tower Watson
Innovation Client Director, Bluedog Design
- Kristina Ehrhart, Senior Manager, Pricewater Coopers LPP (PwC)
- Leslie Friebert, Partner, FORGE PR
- Jeffrey Gilbert, Vice President of Sales & Business Development, Bamtech Media
- Cicely Glanton, District Account Executive, Renaissance
- Kate Goyert, Counsel, Labor & Employment, Conagra Brands
- Parul Gupta, Partner Physician, Lakeshore OB/GYN
- Christina Holloway, President & CEO, CMH Business Corporation
- Margaret Jones, Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Hyatt Hotel Corporation
- Gretchen Kaplan, Associate General Counsel, Brookfield Properties
- Wesley Ketcham, Manager (Owner), Lakeshore Resources, LLC
- Gwyn E. Koepke, Senior Vice President, Institutional Sales Manager, Northern Trust
- Kevin A. Krakora, Managing Director, Getzler Henrich & Associates LLC
- Geeta Malhotra, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Brendan McMahon, Senior Vice President, Northern Trust
- David Schulz, VP, Client Delivery, VisiQuate
- Meridel Trimble, Chief Operating Officer, One Million Degrees
- Gladys Zolna, Associate General Counsel, Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas